Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Charles O'Keefe shares The Newfoundland Vampire


The Newfoundland Vampire

Coming April 25th

Like many geeks, Joseph O’Reily has always fantasized about being a vampire. Then one night Cassandra Snow walks into his life and he learns that not all dreams should come true. Cassandra has plans for him – plans for eternity.

As his world begins to turn upside down, Josephs wrestles with the changes to his everyday life. Eternal youth and amazing power come at a price that might be higher than he can afford. Vampires may not be human, but Joseph is determined to hold on to what he values most—his humanity.

To be honest the inspiration for my series came from boredom and a love of vampires. I was at work one day I realized I had all sorts of time to think and I decided to revisit a story I started some 6 years ago, a vampire story with a younger version of myself as the main character. I suppose I was inspired by the idea that if vampires were real, how would I act as one? What choices would I make? In more human terms I wondered about the choices I’ve made and how my life could have been different if I had chosen a different path. I was inspired also by listening to other authors talk about their love of writing and also by a friend of mine previously publishing a book back in 2006.

I love Joseph because, well he’s me, at least about 90% me. Cassandra, is based on a real historical person, the last woman hanged in Newfoundland and I feel in love with her for several reasons. She’s a strong character, physically and emotionally and she is not afraid to get what she wants. While she loves Joseph, she has a rather dismissive view of humanity and makes choices that seem extreme but ultimately relatable if you lived over 200 years. She is sexy, mysterious, creative, dangerous and in all things vampire related very wise. She is not Joseph’s dream woman but mine and who I have come to think as the ultimate female vampire.

As my series progresses (there will be at least 4 parts) I look forward to continue to develop my characters, deal with the secret vampire council and make my world a fun place for readers to visit. Vampires are fascinating creatures and a lot of fun to write, I hope that you’ll come along for the ride.

About Charles O’Keefe:

Charles O’Keefe lives in the beautiful province of Newfoundland, Canada, with his wife and two feline ‘children,’ Jude and Eleanor. He is a co-owner of a Beauty Wholesale Business and enjoys many hobbies and activities that include writing, reading, watching fantasy/science-fiction movies and television shows, gaming, poker, walking, Pilates, martial arts and of course fantasizing about vampires. He is also a vegetarian, animal activist, environmentalist and Agnostic.

He currently is currently with Distinguished Press and will have books 1 and 2 of "The Newfoundland Vampire" series re-released in 2015.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Liza,

    Thanks for having me, love the site! Have a great day =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charles. You are getting a lot of visits from alien species. I can tell because they often can't type a message, but they do visit. I'll give you count later, since I'm keeping you 3 days. However, I'm thinking it's going to be big given the stats right now.

      Delete

All spammers will be shot with a plasma gun.