Thursday, August 24, 2017

AR DeClerck plans for more Steam Punk!



To The Mechanical Heart of the Matter

Hello, dearest readers! I’m so happy to be able to speak with you again on Liza’s blog. She’s such a wonderful friend to invite me back to chat again. Today I wanted to talk about my personal journey as a writer and where I’m headed in the (very) near future.

As many of you might know, I consider myself an author of “Adventure Romance”. This means you might find the AR DeClerck name on a Science Fiction Romance, a Fantasy Romance, or even the odd Contemporary Romance novel. All of these books are written in different genres but they all fall under the umbrella term of “Adventure Romance”.

Over the last few months, I’ve been on a journey of self-discovery with my writing. I told the podcast ladies last night that I’m still in the “pimply teenage finding myself” phase of writing. I was stretching my writer wings and trying on all the different hats, hoping to find the one that fit me best. I’d like to take this moment to share with you what I’ve decided.

After the Mythical Madness series is wrapped up with ShadowBound (book 3), I will be moving on to write more steampunk novels in the same world as The Alchemist’s Kiss and Enchanter’s Embrace. As a matter of fact, aside from the Takamo Universe Cyborg Series, I plan to focus all my time and attention on writing in the punk genres! This is extremely exciting for me because I still have a love of SFR and Fantasy, but punk is the genre that excites me the most.


So what’s up next? Actually, I have 3 novels and a novella planned in this steampunk universe. Archie and Lucia are in Egypt, and so the next book is The Pharaoh’s Heart. Following that will be Corrigan’s adventures as he chases his Romanian bride in The Gypsy’s Revenge. Lucan will find his own adventure in The Grand Master’s Curse. And last but not least, for the lovers of the raven familiar Machiavelli, he will be getting his own story in Black Raven Night, a novella! Doesn’t this sound like fun? I know I’m excited to begin writing the journeys for all these amazing characters.

Dearest readers, I implore you to stay with me. There will inevitably be more SFR later on (I still love my far-flung galaxies and sexy space men!). But also stay tuned, as there is plenty to love about what’s coming up. I wouldn’t be surprised if you get steampunk, dieselpunk (1940s) and Decopunk (1920s) in the coming months. If you haven’t signed up for my newsletter, please do. I have a Decopunk Mystery Serial that is exclusive to newsletter subscribers. Death & Decopage: A Franny Calico Mystery is set in 1937 Prudence, Illinois and it’s a joy to write. Please look down below for all my links if you’re interested.

Thanks again to Liza for allowing me to come on her blog and share my plans with you. Please don’t hesitate to stop by my Facebook page, my fan group The Fabulous Fanpage for AR DeClerck, or find me on Twitter. I also have huge Pinterest boards filled with inspiration and fashion for the decades mentioned above. Look me up and tell me what you think about my decision to go PUNK!
As always, dearest readers, HAPPY READING!
~AR



Author Bio:
Wife. Mother. Reading ninja. Food assassin. All-around goofball. Self-proclaimed nerd.

AR DeClerck writes romance from the comfort of her couch in her little house along the Mighty Mississippi. She spends her days wrangling two daughters, two dogs and a cat, and she spends her nights dreaming of plots for romance novels. AR writes adventure romance, and she believes that falling in love is the greatest adventure of them all.

Links:
Amazon (where you can find all the book links): www.amazon.com/author/ardeclerck


No comments:

Post a Comment

All spammers will be shot with a plasma gun.